We currently offer excerpts from the NYS Vehicle & Traffic Law relating to various traffic safety related topics.
Major GTSC Program Areas
- Alcohol, Drugs & DWI
- Bikes & Wheel Sport Safety
- Distracted Driving, Talking & Texting
- Emergency Vehicles & Medical Services
- Motorcycles, Mopeds & ATVs
- Occupant Protection
- Pedestrian Safety
- Railroad Crossing Safety
- School Bus Safety
- Speeding & Speed Limits
Please note - there are no V & T laws which specifically address the following program areas: Aggressive Driving, Drowsy Driving, and Older Drivers.
Rules of the Road
Equipment Requirements & Inspection
- Vehicle Equipment for Passenger Vehicles - related to traffic safety
- Periodic Inspection of all Motor Vehicles
- We provide Section 506 of V & T Law which applies to DMV's retesting of drivers who have had three reportable crashes within an eighteen month period.
More V & T Law
- New York State Legislative Bill Drafting Commission (scroll down to VAT)
The entire NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law is posted at the site.
NOTE: This site is organized by section number and is not updated immediately every time a section is amended. However, effective dates of recent amendments are provided.