Have you logged in to eGrants yet? Beginning with FFY2010 grants, you must submit through eGrants.
A forum for traffic safety professionals to share
information and services.
- Announcement for 2015 Grants (pdf document)
- County Data Reports for 2013
- The GTSC 2015 Highway Safety Strategic Plan is here (pdf document).
- Traffic Safety Events Calendar - find out about other groups' events, or post your own.
- SafeNY Brochures
- SafeNY Media
- Countermeasures that Work: A Highway Safety Countermeasure Guide For State Highway Safety Offices, Sixth Edition 2011 from NHTSA (pdf document)
- Public Meetings and Webcasts
- 511ny.org for NYS Travel, Traffic and Transit Information.
- Pedestrian Crossing Signals, from the NYS Department of Transportation (DOT).
DOT has asked us to share tips on the proper use of pedestrian crossing signals, to try and reduce pedestrian injuries and fatalities.
- Fact Sheet from the NYS Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations
- Safety Assessments from the New York State Metropolitan Planning Organizations
- Strategic Highway Safety Plan, from the NYS Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Comprehensive Highway Safety Plan, from the NYS Department of Transportation (DOT).
GTSC Member Agencies
The Governor's Traffic Safety Committee coordinates the State's Highway Safety Program in conjunction with twelve other state agencies. (You may find out more about the Committee and its Staff in the GTSC Overview.)
Links to Member Agencies:
Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
Division of State Police (DSP)
Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS)
Department of Health (DOH)
State Education Department (SED)
Department of Transportation (DOT)
Department of State (DOS)
Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS)
Department of Financial Services
NYS Thruway Authority
State Liquor Authority (SLA)
Traffic Safety Partners
GTSC has many other partners in the traffic safety community, including Traffic Safety Boards, STOP-DWI coordinators, local governments and not-for-profit organizations.
Association of New York State Metropolitan Planning Organizations
A coalition of the thirteen MPOs in New York State, which have committed to work together toward common goals like planning and research initiatives can help our organizations provide high quality transportation planning expertise to the public throughout the State.
Home Page link http://nysmpos.org/
Working Groups page link http://nysmpos.org/wordpress/?page_id=966
The GTSC started the Partners for Safety awards program in 1996 to recognize voluntary contributions made by corporations, companies and organizations outside of government in the effort to prevent highway crashes and injuries, promote traffic safety, and make New York State a safer place to live.
Partners For Safety Nomination Process:
The Governor's Traffic Safety Committee accepts nominations for its prestigious "Partners for Safety Awards," from October to December. The awards are to recognize the special contributions that our private sector partners have made to traffic safety.
New York State has an admirable highway safety record achieved through the concerted and cooperative efforts of many organizations in both the public and private sectors of our Empire State.
Please submit your written nominations to the Governor's Traffic Safety Award Committee by December 31. The nomination form can be completed on your word processor and printed. Link to form Each nomination should include a detailed explanation of why the organization should be recognized. Please include your nominee's mailing address and phone number. You may submit as many nominees as you wish.
If you have any questions, please call your highway safety program representative at the Governor's Traffic Safety Committee at (518) 474-5111.