County Data Reports
New York State traffic safety data and statistical summaries of traffic crashes, traffic tickets, and conviction rates for New York counties are published annually in the County Data Reports.
New York State Motor Vehicle Crash Data by County
Statewide Motor Vehicle Crash Data Summaries are published at the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Alcohol Tickets 2008 - 2012
- Vulnerable roadway users struck by motor vehicles at the center of the safest, large US city. - 2013 study from Bellevue Hospital
- ITSMR Research Note - Drivers Ticketed for Drug-Impaired Driving on New York Roadways
- NYS Occupant Restraint Use in Crashes 2009-2011
- NYS Fact Sheets on Younger Drivers for 2011 - 2013
- Crashes Involving Young Drivers Ages 16 - 20 - fact sheet for years 2009 - 2013
- Evaluation of Leandra's Law - ADWI with Child Passenger's Under Age 16 in the Vehicle
- Evaluation of Leandra's Law - Expansion of Ignition Interlock
- Impaired Driving Among Motorcyclists Involved in Crashes in New York State
- Drug Involvement in Fatal and Personal Injury Crashes on New York Roadways 2012 - Research Notes from the Institute for Traffic Safety Management and Research (ITSMR) - pdf format
The Bureau of Injury Prevention at the New York State Department of Health has created statewide and county-level fact sheets and data tables for traffic crashes in New York. These tables use crash reports linked to hospitalization and emergency department visits to provide medical and financial outcomes of motor vehicle crashes and allow local traffic safety and public health professionals to identify traffic injury problems within their counties and be able to compare their counties to other counties, and NYS as a whole. This information is available at http://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/prevention/injury_prevention/traffic/index.htm.
GTSC Annual Reports
TRAFFIC SAFETY REPORT ARCHIVES
TRAFFIC SAFETY INFORMATION, STATISTICS & DATABASES
- Statistical data on population, road mileage and other transportation topics - (at NYS Department of Transportation)
- Injury Facts for New York State - (download PDF files at NYS Department of Health)
- WISQARS - (Centers for Disease Control, Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System)
- US-DOT Bureau of Transportation Statistics