Technician Candidates are required to attend the entire certification course, complete both the hands-on and written exams and actively participate in the checkup event in order to remain eligible for certification.
To register for a CPS Technician Training class:
Following the instructions from the Safe Kids Worldwide Policies & Procedures:
- All students must register on-line at http://cert.safekids.org/ .
- Click on "On-line Services" and follow instructions to create a profile.
- Choose "Register For A Course" from the action items list in your profile.
- Search for the course by the course number and choose "Register For This Course" on the course details page.
- Confirm your registration and contact information.
- Click "Complete The Registration Process"
- You will then have the option to either pay online with a credit/debit/check card or print out a pre-filled registration form and submit it with a check, purchase order or money order. The mailing address, fax number, and phone number for submitting registrations can be found on the registration form.
- The cost is $75 for certification.
- If you do not have access to the on-line registration system you may call Safe Kids Customer Service at 1-877-366-8154 to obtain a registration form by fax or mail.
- Regular student registration closes 10 calendar days before the start date of the course. Any paper registrations received after this date will be charged a $10 late fee. All late fees will be waived for individuals completing the registration and payment process using a credit/debit/check card.
- Registration closes at midnight of the first day of the course. It is not possible to register after this date.
- Please read the Safe Kids Worldwide Policies & Procedures for information regarding Controlled Course, Retake Course, Group Registrations, Late Registrations, Substitutions, Cancellations, and Rescheduling.
- Current course fees are available at the SafeKIDS web site .
In addition to registering with Safe Kids Worldwide, a Technician Candidate Commitment Agreement must be mailed or faxed to the course administrator prior to the start date of the class. This form is not necessary for the one day renewal course. (Form opens in Microsoft Word®, instructions are available.)
For further information contact the course administrator listed with the class.